Maua in Ruaha NP, Tz

Maua in Ruaha NP, Tz

Monday 27 January 2014

New gas bottle = bath time

I was so desperate for a soak in the bath but we had run out of gas, so I tried it with just repeatedly boiling the kettle. At 1 1/2 litres a time it took an hour just to get the bottom part of the bath covered, but when I laid down in it and got my shoulders in that pushed the rest of the water up a bit and felt a bit warmer anyway.

Well, I was very happy when I finally got a replacement gas bottle (the shop didn't have any for a few days). So happy that I decided to celebrate with a bath :-)
 


After two pan-fuls:


Four pan-fuls (this is maybe the same depth as with one hour of continuous kettle-boiled-water):


6 pan-fuls.....exciting!!!!!


I have to say I was a bit nervous walking through the house with big, heavy pans full of BOILING water and it didn't help that my back was aching hence the need for a soak in the first place.

Out of the kitchen...

....along the hallway...
....through Juanito's room...
...into...
...the bathroom!

I didn't have to bother topping up with the kettle this time thankfully, although it still took an hour and a half!


I can imagine this might be seen as a waste of water, however I think it helps to dilute the sewerage that gets filtered before running through the taps again. And just to be sure, I did some laundry with the water after I had finished.

It wasn't quite like Crocodile Dundee as I got out of the bathtub first, and I did use actual laundry powder as I don't have any bubblebath.

No comments:

Post a Comment